Event runs from 6:30pm -7:30 pm
Children as young as 3-yrs old can learn the value of helping others. Don't miss a teachable moment that can last a lifetime in a fun environment.
Join us for Family Service Night to start a lifelong commitment to giving. What better way to instill the values of volunteerism in your children than finding a fun way to give back to the community with the people they love the most? Bring your family and head out to MPES to get involved ..... There will be lots of hands-on activities that will allow your child to find something that fits his/her interests!
HANDS ON ACTIVITIES:
- Project Linus - make fleece blankets for pediatric patients
- Northern Westchester Hospital - organize get well gifts for patients
- Midnight Run - assemble necessity bags for homeless
- Animal Rescue - make dog toys for local shelters
- The Inn in Norwalk - make crafts for Senior Citizens
- Meals on Wheels - decorate bags that meals are delivered in
- Random Acts of Kindness - to keep the giving going
- and More!
We are looking for 5th grade volunteers and parents to help run the tables and make deliveries after the event. We are also looking for DONATIONS! We will collect donations at the event for different charities. However, used blankets will be made into dog toys - in order to make the night a success, we will be collecting the blankets ahead of time so they can be prepped for the evening.
- Blankets & Bath Mats - these will be turned into dog toys and/or donated to local animal shelters
- Gently Used Books - have your child look through their books and find titles they think others would enjoy and pass them along
- Grocery Store Gift Cards - to help families in our community
- Locks of Love - Have a ponytail that is 10" long? Then you could donate it. Stylists will be onsite.
Questions? Contact Sarah Denyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Service Night is a Meadow Pond PTA Sponsored Event